While many of us drink plenty of water and other fluids we often remain dehydrated. Dehydration is one of the most common underlying causes of all health chronic conditions I see in my practice.
It is estimated that 75% of Americans are functioning in a chronic state of dehydration
. The fact is that it’s impossible to optimize your health when you are not sufficiently hydrated.
The primary source of hydration to the body is not water, but electrolyte solution (water and balanced electrolytes). Electrolytes are minerals such as sodium, potassium, chloride and magnesium, all of which are vital to cellular functioning. The electrolytes in the blood serve as the raw materials for the “cell battery”.
Low cellular voltage makes your cells, tissues, organs and glands susceptible to toxic overload, infections and general depletion. Your cells and tissues require sufficient electrolyte and fluid balance in order to perform fundamental physiological functions including detoxification and absorption of nutrients.
One way to boost electrolyte levels in the body is to drink fresh vegetable or fruit juices on a regular basis. Another great way is to make your own revitalizing, energy boosting electrolyte drink.
Some of the benefits of drinking a potent electrolyte drink include:
- Adrenal support and hormone balancing
- Increased hydration
- Improved detoxification of cellular waste
- Improved nutrient absorption into cells
- Increased vitality via improved mitochondria function and ATP production
- Improved cellular functioning particularly for brain, digestion and immune system functions
I’d like to share with you my personal electrolyte beverage that I use on a daily basis. I recommend this daily tonic to anyone looking for higher levels of vitality, detoxification support and overall good health.
Jim’s Special Electrolyte Drink
- 20 -24 oz. filtered or spring water in glass jar or stainless steel flask.
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (non-processed)
- 4 oz. coconut water primarily for the potassium, magnesium and vitamin C. Make sure the brand you choose is verified non-GMO and NOT from concentrate. (I use “Naked Pure” coconut water.)
- 1 tsp. Vitamin C – preferably whole food Vitamin C like “Truly Natural” or my current favorite “Pure Radiance”.
Customize your electrolyte drink for increased benefits as follows:
- For those who want to add some anabolic punch to rebuild tissue and muscle add 1/4 tsp. creatine and/or 1 tsp. Branch Chain Amino Acids
- For those who have trouble with anxiety or nervous energy consider adding 1/4 -1/2 tsp. of Myo-Inositol
- Antioxidant boost add one drop of Echo H2 (molecular hydrogen) drops from Synergy Science per 3 oz. of water to increase antioxidant, neuroprotective and other healing benefits.
- Add 10 drops of liquid silica to support detoxification of aluminum, arsenic and other toxic metals. I use “JarroSil” from Jarrow.
It’s best to sip your drink throughout the day as opposed to chugging it down in 5 minutes. If your drink runs low midday make a second serving by adding just coconut water, sea salt and whole food vitamin C powder to your pure, filtered water.
Drinking 48 oz. of electrolyte fluid per day will improve your cellular energy levels and support your healing and vitality.
To optimize your wellness program in 2018 I am offering a 25% discount
on my Functional Blood Chemistry Analysis Service
for the month of January. In this blood chemistry analysis hydration and electrolyte balance are two of several dozen biochemical markers identified. Please contact my office for details.
Best wishes for your health and happiness in 2018!